1. Brand NAME
EnergyGuardTM Elastomeric Coating for roofs
2. DESCRIPTION of product
Energy Guard high volume solid Elastomeric Coating, acrylic costing’s most roof substrates for tar or asphalt based the Multi-surface primer would be needed
Mod bit, (BUR), Concrete Roofs, Form and Single ply membrane roofs as well as rolled roofing
- Results in a durable membrane which is seamless.
- Superior durability adhesion as it ages.
- Built in protective fungicide.
- UV and ozone protection.
- Excellent heat reflectivity to assist in reducing energy costs.
- Outstanding in preventing ageing degradation.
- Controls thermal cycling to prevent roof failure.
- Non toxic, and VOC compliant.
3. Information Reference the below table
EnergyGuardâ„¢ Technical Data Sheet
|Property||Specific Value||Method of Testing|
|Colors:||Custom colors are available but standard it white|
|Viscosity:||6K to 8K cps||Brook field|
|Percent of Solids (weight)||68% Â± 2%|
|Percent of Solids (volume)||60% Â± 2%|
|Specific Density:||11.2 Â± .2 pounds per/Gallon|
|Hardness Factor:||45 â€“ Shore of A||ASTM =(D)-2240|
|Tensile strength||400 Â± 50 psi||ASTM = (D-)412|
|Permeability:||3.5 (perm)||ASTM = (E)-96|
|Elongation:||315 percent||ASTM = (D) -412|
|Specific shelf-life of product:||1 Year at 40Â°-90Â°F|
The product; Energyguard is a water-based elastomeric that freezes below 32Â°F. You should hold off on any application if weather conditions would prevent the full cure before rain, sunset or freezing temps. Also note the product needs to be completely dry before walking on it or having rain. Eastomeric coatings have elastic properties, which means they can expand and contract during high summer temperatures and then when temperatures decrease will return back to their original shape without jeopardizing the products performance. Typically elastomeric coatings have polymeric components, for example, acrylic, followed by a white pigment, titanium dioxide which allows them to be reflective. Elastomeric coatings should never be confused with paints they are much thicker.
The Energyguard elastomeric coating is to be applied on almost type of surface this included any tar or asphalt surface with the use of the multi-surface primer.
- All surfaces to be coated must be clean, dry and free of any oil, grease or dirt.
- Any existing coating must be checked for good adhesion.
- Before application, any loosely adhered coating must be removed and bare surfaces must be prepared, cleaned and checked for compatibility.
- Energy Guard & trade; Elastomeric Roof Coating is ready to use. Thinning is not recommended.
- Containers should not be left open for extended periods of time.
- Follow our roof restoration procedures and always perform a coating adhesion test before doing the entire roof.
- Spray: Airless Sprayer, 1gpm, 3,000 psi, .027 or .031 tip.
- Brush: Good quality synthetic bristle brush.
- Roller: Short nap roller.
- Clean Up: Water
5. AVAILABILITY AND COST
EnergyGuardâ„¢ Elastomeric Roof Coating is available directly from EPDM Coatings like liquid rubber and liquid epdm. Pricing information can be obtained from an EPDM Coatings Representatives.
On pre-approved, qualified applications, using approved applicators, a 10 year warranty is available. Contact us for complete warranty information.
Periodic maintenance of Energy Guard Roof Restoration System ensures extended service life and maintains reflectivity.
Roof Restoration Process
Pressure wash the entire roof surface to remove all dirt, dust, previous paints and coatings that are delaminating and achieve a clean and sound substrate. Some roofs may require special detergents. Call us for recommendations.
Prime the roof to ensure good adhesion of all coatings. We have primers suitable for almost all roof types. Even totally rusted roofs.
Stops rust on contact!
When inspecting your roof pay particular attention to any visible gaps in your seams or penetrations. Your parapets should be flashed prior to the application and any loose caulk or silicone needs to be removed and coated with an acrylic caulking.
Coatings the roof
Any roof needs to be inspected for damage or wear at least twice a year. Particularly in the spring. Elastomeric coatings are very effective cost alternatives to roof replacement and can be applied on the entire roof surface; resulting in a seamless membrane with one simple coat.
Your Roof as good as new!
- Up to a fifty percent savings vs. a tear off or re-roofing.
- Heat reflection by up to 75%. save money on energy costs immediately.
- A very economical way to save money on annoying roof leaks.
- A ten year manufacturerâ€™s warranty with a two coat application.
For larger roofs over 10,000 square feet to save time they are best applied with a high pressure airless sprayer. Your sprayer must be able to deliver at least 3000 psi with a rate of three gallons per minute. For those roofs less than 10,000 sq rollers will be sufficient.